FCMA Workforce Academy 2017 Offerings
Front Line Supervisor Training Program
Registration now open for the Spring 2017 class! Click here to sign up
- Program designed for Front Line Supervisors, Lead Operators, Team Leaders, or future candidates for these positions in FCMA manufacturing or service oriented companies. Offering consists of eight full-day sessions occurring every 2-3 weeks over a 4-month period.
- Curriculum includes leadership, communications, performance coaching, team building, critical thinking and problem solving, and supervising and the law.
- Classes take place at rotating manufacturing locations and include instruction by UNF experts, introduction to host company businesses, plant tours to observe manufacturing best practices, and an open Q&A panel session with host company leadership team members.
- Program includes a kick-off luncheon and culmination graduation dinner, both with guest speakers. Lunch is provided for all classes.
- Feedback from previous 150 students representing over 30 member companies confirm this program to provide outstanding value to the individual students as well as the sponsoring companies. Program has been labeled as one of the premier leadership courses in NE Florida!
- Four offerings in 2017—Winter, Spring 4/3/17, Summer 6/12/17, Fall 9/11/17.
- Program cost is $1,500 per student all-inclusive.
Leading With Success—Mid-Level Managers
Registration now open for this class! Click here to sign up.
- Program designed for mid-level leaders who supervise managers/supervisors and has an identified need to grow their leadership capability. The program builds on concepts from the successful Front Line Supervisor program, but takes the curriculum content to the next level.
- Program includes a personal DISC assessment and application of a 360-feedback tool.
- Offering consists of four 4-hour classes occurring every three weeks over a 3-month period plus a kick-off luncheon and a student-led culmination graduation event. In addition, each student will receive two private 1:1 coaching sessions with a trained and registered corporate coach.
- Curriculum includes leadership, performance coaching, leading teams and change management. Classes will include scenarios/case studies/role-play examples, homework assignments involving interaction with student’s supervisors back at work between classes and guest speakers.
- Classes take place at rotating locations and include instruction by trained experts, introduction to host company businesses and an open Q&A panel session with host company leadership team members. Lunch is provided for each class.
- First offering is targeted for early April. Planning to offer 2-3 times in 2017.
- Program cost is $1,800 per student all-inclusive.
Introduction to Manufacturing Process Principles and Equipment
Registration now open for the March 2017 class! Click here to sign up
- Target audiences are new employees or existing employees who need exposure to basic introductory level process principles and equipment in a manufacturing environment, or manufacturing employees who have an interest in progressing into a maintenance technician career path.
- Curriculum includes basic training in electricity & troubleshooting, pneumatics applications & troubleshooting, hydraulic applications & troubleshooting, programmable logic controller (PLC) applications & troubleshooting, and pumps and value applications & troubleshooting.
- Offering consists of ten 4-hour classes taught by FSCJ instructors and occurring at the FSCJ Advanced Technology Center on consecutive Wednesday afternoon sessions over a 2-month period.
- Continuing Education Certificates will be awarded to successful candidates.
- First offering of this program in 2016 saw students increase in their knowledge and proficiency in the five-topic curriculum by 235% by the end of the course!
- Next offering is targeted for early March--more details to follow. Planning to offer 2-3 times in 2017.
- Program cost is $575 per student all-inclusive.
Finance For The Non-Financial Manager
- Target audiences are Supervisors, Managers, Engineers and any other employee who has little or no education or training in accounting and finance, but needs to understand basic business financial fundamentals, tools and processes. The course will represent a composite of basic economics, finance and accounting policies and principles that provide useful tools to managers and employees in their roles as project managers and decision makers.
- Curriculum includes introduction to economics, basic accounting principles, understanding financial statements, lease vs. buy decision making, capital budgeting and equipment purchases, overhead costs, and managing working capital,
- Offering consists of six full-day sessions taught by a DeVry University professor and occurring at the DeVry University Jacksonville location every week over a 2-month period. Lunch is provided for each class.
- The use of real life cases and problems will enhance the learning of and the ability to apply these concepts in the work place.
- Next offering is targeted for early April--more details to follow. Planning to offer 2-3 times in 2017.
- Program cost is $1,300 per student all-inclusive.
"Vac-Con has participated in each one of these training opportunities. Our commitment to our employees, through our work force development program, allows us to continue building their knowledge base and skills through the utilization of these courses. The return on our investment has been far more than the costs involved through these education opportunities."
Bob Graden—Plant Manager, Vac-Con